Westpac Stadium is part of the heart of the capital, located close to the Wellington Railway Station and major bus routes.
If travelling by other means, please refer to General Information below for transport information helping you get to your FIFA U-20 World Cup match.
The taxi drop off and pick up point will be located on the ground level near the Stadium cap park entrance. Take the pedestrian down the ramp near the turnstiles. No taxis or shuttles are permitted on the upper plaza. Priority will be given to mobility impaired passengers who have pre-booked.
There is no public vehicle access or public parking at the Stadium on match days. A public drop off point will be available at Bunny Street near the Wellington Railway Station.
A limited number of mobility parking spaces are available at the Stadium on a first come first served basis. If you require a mobility park on match day, please email email@example.com with your request.
Mobility drop off and access will be at the Northern Spiral (off Thorndon Quay) with mobility shuttle services operating to take patrons to the gates.
The Stadium is a short walk from the central business district of Wellington located on Waterloo Quay. Head to the Wellington Railway Station. Once there, join the elevated Fran Wilde Walkway that takes you directly to the Stadium entrance. There are three access points to this walkway.
- from Thorndon Quay just north of the railway station
- from near Shed 21 on the port
- directly from the railway platforms (8/7, 6/5, 4/3)
The walkway is 650m long. It takes approximately 5-10 minutes to walk the length of the walkway.
Both motorcycle and bike stands are available at no cost on the ground floor of the car park underneath the ramp. Greater Wellington also provides cycle lockers, cones and racks at the Wellington Railway Station. Please note bikes are not to be parked or chained to the fences along the Fran Wilde Walkway or ramps on event day.
There are special access ramps from the railway station to the elevated walkway
Visit Metlink or call 0800 801 700 for timetable information
Special fares may apply
The bus terminal is adjacent to the main walkway entry point near the railway station at the southern end of Thorndon Quay. Visit Metlink or call 0800 801 700 for timetable information.
- At selected events a shuttle bus service links the central city to the Stadium
- Runs every 10 to 15 minutes
- Stadium set-down and pickup right beside the turnstiles
- Return service runs after event ends (except Cricket games)
- Some buses offer wheelchair access
- Special cash fares apply
- This service does not operate for all events - please contact Metlink for details
Stadium Shuttle Bus Stops
- Te Papa Main Entrance, Cable St
- Bus Terminus, Courtenay Place
- St James Theatre, Courtenay Place
- Manners St, (at Cuba St) outside Arty Bees bookshop
- Manners St (at Willis St intersection)
- Grand Arcade , 20 Willis St
Vehicle access is off Waterloo Quay, at the traffic lights opposite the entrance to CentrePort (and adjacent to the overbridge between CentrePort and the Stadium walkway). Please read further information on parking.
- The drop off point is at ground level adjacent to the pedestrian ramp
- After an event the on-demand rank for taxis and shuttles is at ground level. Take the pedestrian down ramp near the turnstiles. You may experience some delays when exiting the ground floor carpark directly after the end of an event.
- There is no rank for chartered or "ordered" taxi or shuttles
- No taxi's or shuttles are permitted on the upper plaza for at least 30 minutes after the end of the event. Priority will be given to mobility impaired passengers who have pre-booked taxis or shuttles. The 30 minute limit is subject to all Stadium shuttles having departed.
- From the Interislander ferry to the north of the Stadium, catch the Interislander shuttle to the railway station, then join the walkway
- From the Bluebridge ferry to the south of the Stadium, you can walk north along Waterloo Quay and join the walkway
- You can come to the Stadium from the airport by taxi, airport shuttle or the Airport Flyer bus
- The Wellington Airport website has more information on transport options
- Wellington airport is approximately 10 km from the Westpac Stadium