Westpac Stadium is part of the heart of the capital, located close to the Wellington Railway Station and major bus routes.
The Stadium is a short walk from the central business district of Wellington located on Waterloo Quay. Head to the Wellington Railway Station. Once there, join the elevated walkway that takes you directly to the Stadium entrance. Three access points to the walkway.
- from Thorndon Quay just north of the railway station
- from near Shed 21 on the port
- directly from the railway platforms (8/7, 6/5, 4/3)
The walkway is 650m long. It takes approximately 5-10 minutes to walk the length of the walkway.
There are special access ramps from the railway station to the elevated walkway
Visit Metlink or call 0800 801 700 for timetable information
Special fares may apply
The bus terminal is adjacent to the main walkway entry point near the railway station at the southern end of Thorndon Quay. Visit Metlink or call 0800 801 700 for timetable information.
- Shuttle bus service that links the central city to the Stadium, at selected events
- Runs every 10 to 15 minutes
- Stadium set-down and pickup right beside the turnstiles
- Return service runs after event ends (except Cricket games)
- Some buses with wheelchair access
- Special cash fares apply - $5.00 per adult, $3.00 per child.
- This service does not operate for all events - please contact Metlink for details
Stadium Shuttle Bus Stops
- Te Papa Main Entrance, Cable St
- Bus Terminus, Courtenay Place
- St James Theatre, Courtenay Place
- Manners St, (at Cuba St) outside Arty Bees bookshop
- Manners St (at Willis St intersection)
- Grand Arcade , 20 Willis St
Vehicle access is off Waterloo Quay, at the traffic lights opposite the entrance to CentrePort (and adjacent to the overbridge between CentrePort and the Stadium walkway). Please read further information on parking.
- The drop off point is at ground level adjacent to the pedestrian ramp
- After the event the on-demand rank for taxis and shuttles is at ground level. Take the pedestrian down ramp near the turnstiles. You may experience some delays when exiting the ground floor carpark directly after the end of an event.
- There is no rank for chartered or "ordered" taxi or shuttles
- No taxi's or shuttles are permitted on the upper plaza for at least 30 minutes after the end of the event. Priority will be given to mobility impaired passengers who have pre-booked taxis or shuttles. The 30 minute limit is subject to all Stadium shuttles having departed.
- From the Interislander ferry to the north of the Stadium, catch the Interislander shuttle to the railway station, then join the walkway
- From the Bluebridge ferry to the south of the Stadium, you can walk north along Waterloo Quay and join the walkway
- You can come to the Stadium from the airport by taxi, airport shuttle or the Airport Flyer bus
- The Wellington Airport website has more information on transport options
- Wellington airport is approximately 10 km from the Westpac Stadium