Keep updated: Subscribe here >>
Super Rugby: Hurricanes v Chiefs
Fri, 09 Jun 2017
The two New Zealand rivals went toe to toe in front of a crowd of more than 24,000 in a match that could have a bearing on the final finishing order of the Investec Super Rugby ladder.
The Hurricanes remain in second place on the New Zealand Conference ladder on 54 points, one ahead of the Chiefs (53), courtesy of what may be a valuable bonus point.
At halftime it was 7-7 and with Celebrity Cane Ronan Keating and his son Jack keeping the crowd entertained during the break.
Scorers: Hurricanes 17 (Vaea Fifita, Wes Goosen tries, Jordie Barrett 2 cons) Chiefs 14 (James Lowe, Aaron Cruden tries, Damian McKenzie 2 con, pen). HT 7-7.
BLACK FERNS V CANADA - INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S SERIES
The Black Ferns beat a very competitive Canada side 28-16 on the back of a terrific individual performance from halfback Kendra Cocksedge.
Scorers: New Zealand 28 (Kendra Cocksedge 2, Fiao'o Faamausili, Selica Winiata tries; Cocksedge 4 con) Canada 16 (Jacey Grusnick, Elissa Alarie tries; Magali Harvey 2 pen). HT: 14-8.
Join us at Our House, Westpac Stadium, as our arch rivals the Chiefs head to the Capital in a mouth-watering round 16 Investec Super Rugby round encounter.
MATCH DAY TIMINGS
10.00am - Ticket Box Office opens
4.00pm - Public car park opens
4.45pm - Gates open
5.00pm - Women’s International Series: Black Ferns v Canada
7.35pm - Kick off Hurricanes v Chiefs
9.05pm - Estimated end of match
The Stadium car park is open for this event at a cost of $30 (please note there is a fee for paying by credit card or eftpos of .60c).
Fri, 09 Jun 2017
GETTING TO AND FROM THE STADIUM
The Hurricanes matches have been busy pre-kick off so we recommend leaving plenty of time for your travel to Westpac Stadium.
- If you are driving to the Stadium for the match we suggest pre-purchasing a car park to avoid disappoint on the night. These are available from Stadium reception prior to match day. The event car park is expected to sell out early. Find out more or book now >>
- If you are wishing to drop-off on the night we encourage you to use Thorndon Quay, Bunny St or Hinemoa St to avoid heavy congestion entering the Stadium.
- People movers will be operating on the Fran Wilde Walkway from 4.30pm.
- Road closures will be in place from 8.30pm to ensure the safe dispersion of the crowd following the event >>
- No vehicles (including taxis) are permitted to enter the Stadium to pick-up at the end of the event. Mobility vehicles will be granted access to the Stadium pick up lane on presentation of a valid Mobility Permit.
- Taxi and private vehicle pick-up locations are Bunny St, Thorndon Quay and Hinemoa St.